What is SMART repair?
The acronym SMART stands for:
A SMART repair is a cosmetic repair on a small to medium area of damage. This type of repair can take place at a location convenient for you providing your vehicle is off the road with space for us to park next you and there is access power (alloy wheel repairs require your vehicle to be on a flat surface).
What can we SMART repair?
- Vandal scratches
- Kerbed or scuffed alloy wheels
- Machine polishing
- Colour coding
- Light and glass restoration on minor scratches and scuffs.
What can’t we SMART repair?
- Large flat horizontal areas such as roofs and bonnets almost never come out clean and grit free when they have been painted in mobile conditions and so we will refer them to our body repair centre.
- As for wheels, we only repair minor damage to diamond cut and fully polished alloy wheels as you cannot duplicate the same finish.
- We cannot repair or replace cracked or broken lights and glass.
- If you are unsure as to whether a SMART repair is the best option for you, please get in touch so we can advise you.
Our wheel shop is location on the Isle of Sheppey in Kent. Here we have the facilities to offer full refurbishments on painted, diamond cut, split rims, fully polished and motorcycle wheels.
The process of a full refurbishment
Diamond cut alloys
- Visual inspection (tyre condition, cracks and any other damage)
- Remove tyre
- A job number is etched onto the wheel
- Same number is written on tyre
- Wheel is inspected for buckles
- Wheel is stripped of existing paint
- Wheel is aqua blasted to remove any corrosion and to key for primer
- Anti corrosion powder coat primer is applied
- Colour is then applied
- Wheel is then placed into a digital lathe for diamond cutting
- Powder coat lacquer is then applied
- After a cool down period tyres are refitted. New valves are also fitted if necessary and tyres are balanced
Painted alloys go through the same process as diamond cut alloys except any damage is sanded out after they have been aqua blasted and they do not go into a lathe.
*Wheels are quality controlled at every stage.
- Bespoke colour changes
- Powder coat anything metal as long as it fits in our oven. Contact us for more details.
*Please note that we will only weld or straighten a wheel if the outcome is going to be safe. Also during the straightening process your wheel will be put under immense pressure and we cannot guarantee that it will not crack as a result.